- Explainer: How Does The New Format Of The T20 World Cup 2024 Will Work? - November 24, 2022
- Fawad & Yasir Dropped | Pakistan Test Squad against England 2022 - November 21, 2022
- Men’s T20 World Cup 2022: Team of the Tournament by Green Team - November 15, 2022
PCB is taking a big hit from the Australian All-Rounder James Faulkner, who earlier accused the Cricket Board of Pakistan via his official Twitter account of “lying and not honoring” agreed payments. However, PCB expressed their disappointment in Faulkner’s false and misleading accusations.
The board tweeted that they will release a full statement on the Faulkner incident.
James Faulker case: What happened?
Green Team understands that before the tweet of James Faulkner exploded through social media, there were reports of the Australian damaging the Chandelier of PC Hotel. He threw his kitbag from the 6th floor and smashed his helmet into the chandelier of the hotel lobby. It is also learned that he misbehaved with the authority and security staff.
Also Read: The Hottest Team of PSL 2022
James Faulkner was representing Quetta Gladiators in this season of HBL PSL. He played six games and took six wickets and scored 49 runs. He was absent from the Gladiator’s last three games.
Usually, the PCB has always dealt with the payments for the player as all players are paid 50%-70% in advance. For Faulkner, he was already paid 70% with the remaining 30% coming after the end of the tournament. It also seemed that he was demanding additional money from his franchise and had been negotiating with the PCB over the due payments.
James Faulkner: Not the first time
This isn’t the first time that a pay dispute has happened for the Australian. During the BBL in 2021, he lashed out at Hobart Hurricanes after a contract offer was “disrespectful.” He was disappointed with how things played out with his franchise.
He represented Melbourne Stars for the first seven seasons before moving in with the Hobart Hurricanes for a three years deal. He ditched the tournament for the T10 League and traveled to UAE.
This was met with mixed criticism from the fans. However, for most of the fans, this was dealt with in a not pleasing way.
PCB response to James Faulkner
The Pakistan Cricket Board has given its statement on James Faulkner’s misleading accusations. For first things, his payments as per his contract are fully up to date.
Following are the highlighted statement released by the PCB on Faulkner’s contract:
- The Agent of James Faulkner had confirmed the transfer of the 70% of the fee payment in 2022 in UK and it was acknowledged by James Faulkner.
- The remaining 30 per cent of his payment only becomes due only after the 40 days of completion of the PSL 2022. This now remains a big matter to be reviewed.
- Faulkner wanted a second duplicate payment of the same amount in his account in Australia. This meant the all-rounder would have been paid again the same amount.
- He then refused to participate the match against Multan Sultans on Friday until all the demands were met for him.
- The Agent of the all-rounder was regretful and apologetic in all this time.
- As the Australian was leaving for the airport, he damanged the hotel property and the PCB later received complaints and reports from the authorities of immigration that he had abused and acted inappropriately.
Furthermore, following all of this misconduct made by him, James Faulkner will NOT be drafted in the future events of HBL PSL.
“In wake of the above, and taking serious note of Mr James Faulkner’s gross misconduct that was an attempt to bring the PCB, Pakistan cricket and the HBL Pakistan Super League into disrepute, it has been unanimously agreed by the PCB and the franchises that Mr James Faulkner will not be drafted in future HBL Pakistan Super League events.”