- The Battle of the Titans: PSL Teams and Their International Equivalents - March 24, 2023
- From Unknown to Unstoppable: The PSL Story of 5 Foreign Cricketers - February 17, 2023
- One Minute Down, Next Minute Up – The Curious Case of Shan Masood? - January 16, 2023
We are living in Babar’s ERA. The Superstar, the world-class, the inspiration, team man, the modern era great, the pride of Pakistan, the leader Babar Azam smashes and breaks the records every day. Pakistan skipper Babar Azam’s Performance in recent times shows his ability to the world. The master batsman is currently the No.1 ranked batter in ODIs and as well as T20Is. Meanwhile, he is ranked 3rd in the ICC Test rankings.
Babar Azam’s Performance as a batter makes no doubt about that as he is the current best all-format player in the world. Meanwhile, Pakistan also performed really well under his leadership. There are a lot of achievements that can be discussed, but we focus on Babar’s contribution to Pakistan’s highest-run chases.
These are Pakistan’s highest totals, which have been successfully chased down under Babar’s tenure with his tremendous performances
In T20I, Pakistan Chased down a massive total of 208 against the West Indies in 2021, and the skipper contributed 79 in this big chase.
In ODIs, Pakistan Chased down a mammoth total against the mighty Aussies of 348, and yet again, Babar added 114 runs in this total.
In the Test arena, Pakistan recently achieved their 2nd highest total in winning cause of 344 against Sri Lanka, and Babar scored 119 and 55 in the first and second innings respectively.
Read: Will Pakistan ever find the replacement of Saeed Ajmal?
Fastest to 10,000 Runs
Babar is the fastest Pakistani and Asian Batter to Score 10,000 runs in all formats and the Fifth fastest in the World. He achieved this massive milestone in 228 innings. The skipper surpassed Javed Miandad’s record to become the fastest Pakistani and Surpassed Virat Kohli to become the fastest Asian batter.
Some other Records of Master Bastman
Babar Azam’s Performance in recent times set a lot of records; it is not possible to show all the records of this great cricketer. But some are the following:
- Pakistani captain holds the record for the highest average as a captain in ODI’s of 90.16.
- He scored nine centuries in all-over formats as a Pakistani captain in just 70 innings, which is the most by a Pakistani captain.
- The green skipper is the fastest batter to score 10 thousand runs in just 13 innings as a captain.
- Babar’s Test Average since January 2018(Minimum 20 Innings) is 59.04, which is the most by any other batter in the world.
- He breaks Hashim Amla’s record to score the most runs in 86 ODI innings, as he scored 4441 runs in 86 innings.
- Azam is the only better to score a match-winning century in T20 International while chasing a target of 200+.
Babar in ENG vs NZ
Renowned Commentator and former New Zealand fast bowler, Simon Doull praised Babar Azam’s Performance, when he was commenting during the third Test between England and New Zealand in Headingly, Leeds. He is the big one’ Simon Doull reckons Babar is the best in the world
Simon Doull Statement
“Not many could argue that Babar is the best player in the world at the moment. As far as batting in that top order is concerned, he is unbelievable. Joe Root’s got an argument for that too. They talk about the big four; at the moment, he is the big one,” Doull was quoted as saying.
Another Commentator said:
People talk about the FAB 4, but Babar belongs to a different category and class as English Commentator said during recent England vs New Zealand.
“Babar is currently the best batsman in the world right now, if we talk about FAB 4, he is FAB 1.”
This shows how superstar Babar dominates the cricket world.
Greats About Modern Great
There are so many great cricketers around the world who talked about Babar Azam’s Performance and also praised him. Some of the cricketer’s statements are following
“Sky is limit for Babar.” Ricky Ponting
“Class means Babar; he is best.” Michael Vaughan
“I prefer watching Babar batting rather than bowling at him” James Anderson
“Babar cover drive is the best in the world.” Brett Lee
“Babar is the best player across formats.” Dale Steyn
“Babar is one of the best tests better.” Shane Watson
These hugely praise statements show how the Pakistani skipper dominates in his era and in world cricket right now.