- Is IPL Losing Its Charm? - March 17, 2022
- Sultans Teaching Us How To Play Like Defending Champions - February 27, 2022
- Stars who played Crucial Role in Revival of International Cricket in Pakistan - February 18, 2022
Multan Sultans has impressed us since the last season of the Pakistan Super League. They have shown every other team how to play like defending champions this time.
Captain Mohammad Rizwan has been phenomenal throughout the Season. He has dealt with difficult situations calmly with his ability to bat and wicket-keeping and lead his side without any pressure or losing his cool.
What is working for Multan Sultans?
The question is, what is not working for Multan Sultans? Every other department has been in business since the start of this tournament.
Everything is working for the defending champions, the bowling, the fielding, and the batting. Every player is giving their 100% effort in the game, which has now brought Sultans to the final.
- M. Rizwan (479 Runs) and Shan Masood (457 Runs)
- Imran Tahir and Khushdil Shah (16 Wickets Each)
- Tim David leads the sixes charts with 20 maximums, while Shan Masood leads the fours charts with his brilliant 53 boundaries.
A champion team has quickly managed to cross 200 runs four times throughout this season, whether while chasing or defending a total of over 200 runs.
What should Other Teams learn from them?
With losing just a single game in the tournament, Multan put them on top of the table while other teams behind Multan and couldn’t grab the top position of the table should learn from the defending champions.
Here what some points that can be learned from them:
- Good powerplay built a strong partnership and kept wickets in hands.
- Have a firm hold on the opposition team and pick up early wickets. Do not allow the new batters to set.
- Proper fielding on the boundaries, selecting your best fielders at the right spot.
- Stay calm while the batters are hitting you for sixes and fours.
- Give your 100% to the role assigned, either finish the innings with mighty blows or save boundaries and back up everyone as a single unit.
Is Mohammad Rizwan Right For The Captaincy?
Mohammad Rizwan, who has been leading the side in last Season, under his captaincy Multan Sultans have played around 23 matches with winning 17 games and have lost six games, making him stand with the winning percentage of 73%.
Rizwan, who was recently seen calm and smiling on a match against Quetta Gladiators when Khushdil was hot for consecutive boundaries, the bowler was under pressure while the captain remained calm and relaxed and responded to the bowler with a smile and motivated him to bowl well, right in the over he got a wicket.
We have seen many captains showing aggression and anger against their bowlers while Rizwan has always been backing up his bowlers with proper guidance and with his “Cute Smile,” which was said by some cricket fans:
Can Defending Champions win the PSL Season 7?
The performances throughout the tournament from the start, with losing just a game while winning nine matches and even managing to win against Lahore and qualifying for Finals, make Multan an easy team to win and retain their title of PSL winners once again.
Let’s have a look at some facts on what factors we believe that Multan Sultans can retain their title and can go on to win this season as well:
- Throughout this season, Multan has built a partnership of 100+ runs six times, which keeps them in a solid position to construct quick and long partnerships and put a good total on the scoreboard.
- With their three bowlers in the list of top 5 bowlers of the tournament, Sultans also have an advantage in the bowling sector.
- Fielders like Tim David, Rilee Rossouw, Shan Masood, and many others saving major boundaries and picking up brilliant catches at the edge of the boundaries make them a strong team in the fielding sector.