- Pathway for Pakistan Men’s Football Team to play their first-ever AFC Asia Cup 2027 - November 28, 2022
- Imran Khan: I asked PCB to make Babar Azam captain - November 12, 2022
- Pakistan Women aiming for another Clean Sweep against Irish Women - November 12, 2022
With Pakistan losing both of its first two matches in the ICC T20 World Cup 2022 campaign to India & Zimbabwe, fan frustration with Babar Azam’s captaincy has escalated, and they are demanding Sarfaraz’s return to the helm.
Sarfaraz Ahmed, the most successful T20I skipper, is missed by the fans. They think he might have handled the situation better than Babar Azam, and they also think Sarfaraz was sacked unfairly in the past.
When the Pakistan team failed to reach the knockout round in the 2019 World Cup, Sarfaraz Ahmed lost his all-format captaincy position. As well as being dismissed, he was also removed from the team. The CT17 winner was replaced by Muhammad Rizwan, who also failed to perform well at that position until he started opening up the innings.
Sarfaraz Ahmed – Impressive captaincy record
The records of Ahmed show that he was a great captain. Some of his achievements as a captain are as follows.
- Won the u19 World Cup for Pakistan in 2006.
- Won Champions Trophy for Pakistan in 2017.
- Won PSL 4th edition for Quetta Gladiators in 2019.
- Lead Pakistan Team to No.1 T20i Position in ICC rankings.
- In addition to numerous other records, Sarfaraz holds the longest winning streak in T20 cricket.
Fanatics react to Sarfaraz
As a result of Sarfaraz’s absence from the national fold for years, the fans and experts are raising their voices.