- Karachi Kings Should Opt For These Players To Win Another PSL Title - November 22, 2022
- Can We See The Likes Of Trent Boult And David Warner In PSL 2023? - November 11, 2022
- 6th November: A Important Day For Pakistan T20I World Cup 2022 Campaign - November 5, 2022
Can Pakistan win this T20I world cup with these middle-order issues? We had seen this in the Asia cup 2022 when Babar and Rizwan got out early, the Shaheens middle order was not able to play the rest overs which resulted in a collapse. The Men In Green middle order is not good enough to rely on. This is an alarming situation for the men in green as the T20I World Cup is near the corner. People are keen to bring Shoaib Malik back into the team. While some people think Azam Khan could be a good contender for the number 6 spot. Should Pakistan make changes in the top order for the T20i World Cup 2022?
Pakistan Middle Order Issues In The Last Eight Matches?
Pakistan has scored 1440 runs in its last eight matches with an average of 180 which is pretty fine. The men in green openers have scored 720 runs which are almost 50 % of the runs. The rest 720 runs are scored by the rest nine players which are not up to the mark. This creates pressure for Babar and Rizwan, it decreases their strike rate.
Also Read: Lack Of Trust In Middle Order?
What Should Pakistan Change In Its T20I World Cup squad?
1. Azam Khan instead of Khushdil Shah
The shaheens should consider Azam Khan in the squad for number six as he is a stable batsman who can hit big and can rotate the strike. He can play according to the situation, his inclusion will give Pakistan hard-hitting options. Azam plays spin well and coming at number six he can save Pakistan from collapse hence it can solve Pakistan’s middle order issues.
2. Should Shan Masood And Haider Ali be Given A Place In The Playing 11
Shan Masood is a solid batsman with classical shots. He is in his hot form and can bat deep in the innings. He also has the ability to hit big shots. Shan scored 65 runs in the latest match against England showing us what he is capable of. He can be ideal for number 3 and can solve Pakistan’s middle order issue. Haider Ali is another solid batsman who can hit big shots, he can improve Pakistan’s run rate at number 4.
Also Read: Is PCB Wasting Shan Masood?
3. Should Shoaib Malik Be Included In The Playing 11?
Shoaib Malik should not be included in Shaheens playing 11 as his records are not up to the mark on Australian pitches. The men in green need a young player so they can groom him and make him a permanent part of the playing 11.
What Should Be Pakistans Playing 11 Which Can Solve Pakistan Middle Order Issues?
- Mohammad Rizwan (Hit The Ball in the powerplay)
- Babar Azam (play according to the situation)
- Shan Masood (play according to the situation)
- Haider Ali (Hit big shots and play aggressively)
- Azam Khan (Play according to the situation and attack spin)
- Shadab Khan (pinch-hitting and rotating strike)
- Asif Ali (play aggressively and finish the innings)
- Mohammad Nawaz / M.Hasnain
- Naseem Shah
- Haris Rauf
- Shaheen Afridi