- Explainer: How Does The New Format Of The T20 World Cup 2024 Will Work? - November 24, 2022
- Fawad & Yasir Dropped | Pakistan Test Squad against England 2022 - November 21, 2022
- Men’s T20 World Cup 2022: Team of the Tournament by Green Team - November 15, 2022
Two games. two wins. Series sealed. The first T20I did see some good thrillers, but the second game was comprehensively won by Pakistan. Bangladesh batters continue to struggle to put on runs. Can they finally stand up in the final match to avoid series whitewash? Here is the match preview of the third T20I between PAK vs BAN.
The first game saw a slower wicket in which both sides struggled. Babar’s men got the best of them in the end, with the seven-wicket stand between Shadab Khan and Mohammad Nawaz doing the jobs as batters.
The second game was played on a new wicket, where Mahmudullah’s men again struggled to put on runs. They got 20 less than what they got in the first game. The Men in Green had no troubles this time in chasing, with Fakhar Zaman once again doing most of the job.
PAK vs BAN: What to expect?
Pakistan will look to play a different squad, if not the same. There won’t be too many changes, though. Maybe a couple of them. But Pakistan will eye a series whitewash. That said, they will then go to the Test series as the World Test Championship and crucial 24 points are there for the grab.
Bangladesh meanwhile, are struggling with the batting in their own backyard. Even their previous two series against touring Australia and New Zealand saw the batters struggling to get through the 140s. The absence of their experience trio – Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, and Tamim Iqbal – may have really dented their line-up. This also further raises questions that how will they cope without their experience batters.
The final match of the series will see BAN looking to avoid a whitewash, while PAK looks to sweep clean it.
PAK vs BAN: Match Details
- Date: Nov 22, 2021
- Timing: 1:00 PM PKT
- Venue: Dhaka
- Weather: It will be nice and warm weather, with humidity showing around 50% in the forecast.
Conditions / Pitch Report:
The second T20I was played on a new wicket so expectations will be that the same wicket will be used for the final match.
Head to Head:
Matches: 14 | Pakistan: 12 | Bangladesh: 02 | Tied: 00 | No-Result: 00
Pakistan: W W L W W (Completed matches, most recent first)
Bangladesh: L L L L L
PAK vs BAN: Team News
Changes are expected. But even an unchanged side is expected to play. It is likely that Hasan will return and may replace Haris Rauf for the final match.
1. Babar Azam (C), 2. Mohammad Rizwan (WK), 3. Fakhar Zaman, 4. Haider Ali, 5. Shoaib Malik, 6. Khushdil Shah, 7. Mohammad Nawaz, 8. Shadab Khan, 9. Mohammad Wasim jnr, 10. Hasan Ali, 11. Shaheen Afridi
Bangladesh may make a couple of changes themselves, probably opting more batting heavy side.
1. Mohammad Naim, 2. Saif Hasan, 3. Najmul Hossain Shanto, 4. Yasir Ali, 5. Mahmudullah (WK), 6. Afif Hossain, 7. Nurul Hasan (wk), 8. Mahedi Hasan, 9. Nasum Ahmed, 10. Mustafizur Rahman, 11. Taskin Ahmed
PAK vs BAN: Players to watch
1. Mohammad Nawaz, All Rounder (PAK)
Most of the time, you’d see Nawaz sideline in the squad. But when he is included in the XI, he always leaves an impact. Such was on Friday game, where his 8-ball 18 helped the side chase down 127. He has been a great asset to the side and is always ready to give his best to perform whenever given the chance.
2. Mahmudullah, Batter (BAN)
The skipper of Bangladesh really needs to put a pedal in himself. Under him, the team has now gone seven winless matches in the shortest format. Mahmudullah himself has scored just 92 runs in those seven matches with a strike rate of 91. He will look to avoid a whitewash in the series. For that, he must stand up as both a captain and a player.
3. Mohammad Wasim Jnr, Bowling All Rounder (PAK)
In the world of Pakistan’s history of fast-bowling, M Wasim Jnr is one of the latest bowlers to make his entry. He was selected for the T20 World Cup but was sidelined. He was given chance in this series and he made an excellent impact with the ball, especially in the opening overs. Let’s not forget he is very handy with the bat too. His all-round abilities will be under check and may well become permanent in XI.
4. Mustafizur Rahim, Bowler (BAN)
Mustafizur is their side’s premier fast bowler, but he himself has been lacking lately. Since the Super 12s, he picked up only 4 wickets. Though he showed to be threatening with the new ball in this ongoing series, he couldn’t really produce the same with the old ball despite being economical.
Stats and Trivia:
- The loss on Saturday was BAN’s first T20I series loss at home since 2018 against the WI.
- Shoaib Malik is 77 runs away from scoring 2500 runs in T20I.
- Mahmadullah is 42 runs away from becoming the first BAN player to score 2000 T20I runs.